View Single Post
Old 12-25-2016, 09:32 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram99 View Post
Yes, you would think that there is an limited supply of people to fall for her tricks, but I have been a collector for 30 years and I did fall for it this summer on none other than a 1953 Mantle that I suspect she has had to sell about 5 times. The "Breathtaking" card wasn't as breathtaking as the picture, and I returned it. She took the absolute maximum plus a couple of days to reply to the request to return. Then she held on to the money for the absolute maximum time plus another few days. By the time I got my money back another person had been duped for the same card.

My guess she does this to multiple people with high priced cards, hopes they don't return them, and even if they do, she can't lose because she holds the money for over a month and then re-sells again. I feel the real villain in this story is actually eBay, who has to be very aware of her poor business practices, but doesn't want to lose their cut of the transactions where people don't know any better and are for a time, satisfied.

Tony Stinsa / Bram99
I agree!
I have written E-Bay, by following their own rules and procedures written below in every ad, and not once have I received a reply.
To make that situation even more troublesome/puzzling, is the fact I know I am not the only one.