View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 10:16 PM
Chuck Whisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Agree with everything you say, am familiar with watches and coins myself, and it's a beautiful sub, was just surprised to see it in a sports auction. Hope it does well.

Incidentally a current model Rolex Oyster Perpetual "Tiffany Blue," I was just reading, sold for 70k, up from maybe 15K or so before it was unexpectedly discontinued.
Thanks Peter. It should be fun to see how it goes and it's amazing to see so many Rolex watches sell for over $50k these days. It's funny because a handful of buyers have mentioned to us in the past that we should start to sell Rolex watches. I assume this is because a lot of sports card buyers have also been making good profit on buyer/selling Rolex watches. The 2021 sub we are selling is likely going to continue to appreciate nicely over the next few years, as that has been the constant trend of the newer models. We try to keep things fun and try out more non-traditional items for sports collectors to diversify their investments. We have more silver than ever in this auction as well, and a handful of comic book lots.