View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 09:07 PM
Jon L

Default 520 T206 Set Realized Tonight

Hearing the unmistakable sound of the mail truck, I rushed outside in time to be hand-delivered number 520 tonight! The most elusive card to me turned hottest card in the set/hobby finally found it's way to me courtesy of Jeff (Thromdog). Finishing my 520 set with a green Cobb that so perfectly fits into the beater theme and the act of kindness which made it all possible, makes it the perfect ending to the 6 year journey.

The finished product has no shortage of character. From BB gun holes, burns, tears, writing and stamps to creases that have creases. Even if my budget did allow for higher quality versions, I can't honestly say I would prefer them. These cards were played with, loved and, in some cases, rather unloved! Along the way I splurged on some rare backs (13 different brands), A few cards with provenance, and whatever color and printing variations I happened upon.

Thanks to all who helped along the way. I still would be working on it and it wouldn't have been half as fun if not for Net54. C Maxey, Marcdelpercio, Luke, Mybuddyinc, Thromdog to name just a few. There are many!

In time I will scan and share the set but for now, here's what I do when I want to thumb through my 519... no, 520!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T206.jpg (77.9 KB, 562 views)

Last edited by jlehma13; 09-17-2018 at 09:20 PM.