View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Dan Mabey

Default 1962P Canadian #22 Frank Lary Toughness

Frank Lary appeared on 2 Post Canadian cereal varieties. He was teamed with 117 Blasingame, #137 Bailey, and #77 Wagner on Grape Nuts. Lary also can be found with #32 Dick Williams, #78 Pearson, #111 L. Sherry, and #167 Simmons courtesy of Bran Flakes 8 oz. My experience is that he is tough to find in EX+ condition, ranking number 45 (out of 200) in the most challenging to acquire category. You will see the heavy white cardboard stock (Grape Nuts) version far more frequently than the Bran Flakes 8 oz. version. My experience of over 30 years focusing on the set indicates that a large number of set collectors have Williams, Pearson, Sherry, and Simmons on their Want List. I rank their relative difficulty, as single prints, to be 13-16 out of 200.

As you may be aware, panels and cards appearing on the smaller size of cereal varieties (such as 8 oz. Bran Flakes) tend to be much more difficult to locate, because moms in the States and Canada gravitated toward the larger, family size boxes (like 14 oz. Bran Flakes).

So, the bottom line is that Lary, although a double print, is pretty hard to find in high grade -- when you do stumble across it.