View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Default Kansas City/Overland Park Show

Posted By: Craig W

Having grown up in Johnson County, I regularly attended the OP show from the late 70's to early 90's. There always seemed to be at least 200 tables, and most were very busy. At that time, I was mostly interested in contemporary cards, so I'm not sure how much they had in vintage stuff. One of the kewl things about the show was that they'ld have autograph sessions with star players. I got stan musial's, mickey mantle's, and george brett's autographs there.

I moved to wichita 15 years ago and put collecting on hold for about fifteen years, so I don't really know what the OP show has evolved into. As I recently got back into collecting last fall (finished '72 topps set and now have complete topps sets from 72-92, but have switched to vintage cards now) I'd love to see what the show has to offer. Unfortunately, I've got some other commitments and won't be able to make the 3-hr drive to KC

I did talk to Levi Bleam at 707 Sportscards the other day and he will have a table. He's got a pretty good inventory vintage cards.

Best Regards,
Craig