View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 12:47 AM
Just/in C.ornett

It's not a commercial for Jordan cards... None of which I even own.

It's an example that although there are a large number of a certain card available doesn't mean that is bad. It also doesn't mean it's not still under priced.

How many people are going to pay 300k right now for a PSA 9 1934 Lou Gehrig (10x the Jordan card) ?? Maybe 5-10 people max. That doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have the Gehrig card... All I am saying is that if I have 300k to 'invest', 10 Jordan cards might be the better investment. Why u might ask?

Ok say another awesome cardboard wonder comes along that you can't do without? Are you going to call you card broker to go sell that Gehrig? Or are you going to send Brent at Pwcc a couple Jordan PSA 10s to pay for that Ernie banks PSA 8 and George Brett PSA 10? Cards like Jordan rookies are almost as good as cash... They are liquid. Rare high end cards are too, but they are way tougher to move in a pinch.

These cards are becoming commodities with real value ... Real liquid value with someone like Pwcc taking them as payment for winnings .