View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 05:47 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

What many people seem to be missing is that what's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. No matter the time limit. I have bought and sold autographs along with other memorabilia for over 30 years and have never left someone hanging if an issue like this pops up. These issues come up and as a seller, you are representing something as authentic when it is sold. Even if I don't agree with what PSA or JSA say, I would still refund their money or make it right.

On a side note, and hopefully I am not speaking out of turn, at this same show Brent attended I was speaking with a friend and colleague in the autograph business. He informed me that he recently had an item fail authentication that was sold by Jim Stinson many many years ago, but still had the invoice that he kept with all of his personal collection. He contacted Jim and without hesitation, Jim issued him a full refund, fully explained the situation that led to how he picked up the item, and took responsibility for the situation. A highly commendable move on his part that I thought was worth sharing.

In the end, I think making the deal right is what's right. It will be hard given the words exchanged, but I think taking responsibility is the right thing to do.