View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Default Another PayPal Horror Story- Please Read

Posted By: tbob

Thank you for contacting PayPal. Please accept my apology for any difficulties you have encountered while using our services. I also apologize if you have not received the level of service you expected
from PayPal. We appreciate you notifying us of your concerns.

Because we value you as a member and want your experience with PayPal to be positive, I have submitted a request for a credit to your account
in the amount of $170.00 as a one time courtesy. Please understand that this is a one-time exception, and we will be unable to make any further
exceptions to this policy going forward. Please allow two business days for this request to be reviewed and credited to your PayPal account.

We hope that you will continue to use PayPal for your online payment needs and allow us to demonstrate why we are the leading payment service in the industry.

For future reference, please be aware that should we receive notification that a transaction was fraudulent, we are obligated to place a temporary hold on all involved funds until the source and
validity of the funds can be verified. If, in fact, the funds are found to be fraudulent, we are required to return the funds to the legitimate
owner of the funds.

Because the merchandise you sent was to an unconfirmed address, you were not covered by our Seller Protection Policy. Therefore, I
encourage you to review the requirements of our SellerProtection Policy to ensure that your future transactions are covered.

Again Mr. ________, please accept my apology

The money appeared in my account today. I was out about $10 sending money orders to sellers while my account was frozen, not to mention a ruined weekend and a couple of splitting headaches and much venting to friends and family. I learned a lesson today though, don't EVER send anything to an unconfirmed address even if the buyer begs. Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it...
Thanks for all the support from the 54 Forum gang for being supportive and for letting me whine. You guys are great...