View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Default Another PayPal Horror Story- Please Read

Posted By: The Other One (Julie)

good; paypal will simply take the money out of your bank account, no questions asked of YOU. My paypal account is always empty, but I can pay instantly for any item I win--there's an immediate front to the seller, and then they take the money out of my bank account (automatically, but it takes a few days for my bank to register the missing money). On my leger, it looks like they got the money from me first, but in reality, they give it to the seller first and THEN get it from me.

I no longer accept paypal payments, because, simply, paypal takes a chunk for themselves, be it credit card or bank account, and I am left with less than i sold the item for. When someone I buy from says he takes paypal, I always ask: how much do you want me to send to cover what paypal takes from you? Invariably, they say, nothing extra. If they like being robbed little bits pof money here and there, adding up to large bits of money, it's O.K. by me, but unless the buyer insists on paypal, I always say "I'd much prefer any kind of check."

I've yet to be scammed. But then--I only have 80 feedback. There's a reason for that--I don't like ebay much, as a rule. Always (usually) a little disappointed...