Thread: No gloss
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 01:36 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Chris, your posting of the PSA 8 Dan-Dee Mantle is much appreciated for the discussion. Obviously, the card has the multitude of die-cut tabs. Answers at least the question of whether the New York players had tabs around the card.

I guess I am curious and will follow my own research thought concerning whether other players can be found without the tabs. I am pretty certain I have seen some without tabs, though it is a moot point, really. It's possible Milprint cut them both ways, and the value of either is the same.

However, I am most curious as to why you refer to the PSA 8 as a PROOF? From what characteristics of the card are you basing your assessment? Please, I am not being critical; just want to know where you're coming from. Thanks.

--Brian Powell
The original link, shows a PSA slab saying no gloss- PROOF (in which i added the photo for show)
Tho, we can be certain, based on your facts...that is is not such.
However. pointing out the tabs and no grease on that other enlarged psa 8 might be a Proof...i dont know myself..unless theres a stamp saying so. its anyones guess, leave it up to PSA to make that decission.

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 02-13-2014 at 01:39 PM.