View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 01:42 PM
DR
David R@tliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
Have a few questions.

Have you reached out to the buyer to get his side of the story?

has paypal explained to you how they can place your funds on hold for Refund Not Received when there is no record of such a request having been made?

It must have been that the buyer contacted his financial institution and opened a dispute. If so he has lied to them because there is no proof that he has attempted to return the merchandise, at least as far as you have seen.
Yes, reached out to buyer via eBay message and the email address I got from Paypal. No reply to either as of right now. I also have a phone number, have not tried that yet.

Paypal was made aware that no request for refund had been made to me either via eBay or Paypal, which their reps have confirmed with me every time we've spoken. eBay rep also has confirmed no request for refund. This is one of my key questions - so if you know that a request for refund was not made, why would you agree to issue the refund? Even more, why would you agree to do that without requiring that return of the item when there is clear evidence that the item was indeed delivered and signed for?

Yes, buyer went through his "financial institution", Paypal has confirmed that is who was requesting return of the funds but they obviously won't tell me which institution that is. Paypal putting the funds on hold during the dispute process is normal, and while irritating it's not a big deal - people should get their opportunities to reply. However, subsequently deciding to remove the funds from me permanently despite the lack of the refund request, as well as in light of all the other information I provided showing delivery, signature, etc., and then not requiring the item to at least be returned is what is utterly confusing.

As if that's not enough, the case is still OPEN within Paypal. That's the only thing that gives me any hope, but then again why would the "financial institution" just back their customer if Paypal already gave them the money back? From their perspective, isn't it really Paypal's problem now? And while Paypal is "fighting for me", they're really just passing the buck to me to try and figure out some other way to collect since they gave the money back already.

Last edited by bounce; 03-01-2019 at 01:54 PM.