View Single Post
Old 07-26-2003, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Default ANYONE GO TO THE NATIONAL TODAY?

Posted By: ockday

I was there Thursday and thought from my perspective it was a great show. I went specifically looking for T205's especially Joss, and Leifield (A.P.)in vg-ex or better condition.
Well as fate would have it ..just about the 1st table I came to there was a teenage kid with a bunch of graded T205's and sure enough there was A.P. Leifield in PSA 6 . I asked how much..he looked in SMR..saw it wasn't listed(they only list hall of famers i think) and said $200 (I wouldve gladly paid twice that!)I grabbed it along with a couple of other nice commons .I've been looking for a nice copy of this card for quite a while and this is a VERY tough card to find this nice..so back I went on my T205 hunt and saw Leon and Scott Brockelman who sent me to Mark Irodenko's table where I found a couple of other nice T205 commons and was told that Bill Goodwin broke up a set of T205's so I went to Bill looking for Joss..but it was in pretty rough shape.
BUT..Bill sold me a real nice T205 Walsh in PSA 5 along with a decent ungraded Evers. Well I never found the Joss but enjoyed walking around and seeing all the great stuff. I hope to get back maybe on Sunday.