View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 02:28 PM

I must admit, the guy in the middle looks a bit like Joe Jackson, however I am concerned that he is not wearing an A's uniform. Jackson was with the A's during Spring Training for a while (still researching when he left for Savannah). He did not start the season with the A's and only finished the season with the A's. He arrived on September 7, 1909 in Philly just in time to get in on a game against the Highlanders, which the A's lost 8 to 6. He did not play another game until September 30th and he finished the season out (only played 5 game total with the A's that year). I sure wish you guys could get me a higher resolution photo to look at. Folks are always wanting me to look at these terrible images and want me to say 100 percent for sure if it's Joe Jackson or not and I simply can't do it with these low res images. I am doing some research now to see if I have a record of this appearing in a newspaper.....that will be our only hope of saying for sure this IS or ISN'T Joe Jackson. Trust me, I'd love to be able to say it's him......this would give me a new Jackson photo.....but at this point, I simply can't do that.