View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 02:59 AM

I had a winning bidder on a 1969 Transogram full box with statue (about 1 month before the 9/11 terrorist attack) who kept giving ne the runaround with excuses. Finally he said something like "bear with me because of the terrorist attack". He lived in Minnesota.

In another sale (1961 Nu Card Scoops Mantle), after waiting a resonable time started an ebay report of non paying bidder. After leaving a negative feedback for the guy (back in the good old days) he contacted me. He said he mailed the check right after the auction ended. That may well be, but the envelope never got here. Two days later he sent me an email "I got my checking statement today and the check hasn't cleared". This was the last I ever heard from the guy.

In another sale (2 1962 Topps includinf Frank Robinson), after waiting a resonable time started an ebay report of non paying bidder. After leaving a negative feedback for the guy he contacted me. He asked me to remove the negative feedback. I said "I'll do that after you pay for the cards". This was the last I ever heard from the guy.

I've since resold all the cards.