View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
I know a ton of ebay users rarely read descriptions and bid based on photos. That's their own fault however, but still true. ...I just can easily see a parent, grandparent or uninformed collector shelling out a ton for one of these sold as a real piece at an antique mall or flea market.
People have to take responsibility for their own actions. We can not be responsible for going around watching the people you describe to make sure they don't do stupid things with their money, nor is it possible for us to do so.

If someone pays 'a lot' on ebay, thinking it's a vintage card, I have no sympathy for them, as no one has any business spending big bucks on items they know nothing about; i.e - they should at least know whether or not a set or card was ever made.

Regarding buying these in antique stores, etc. - again, you've got no business spending big bucks for something you know nothing about; i.e-these were not created using vintage methods, and if you can hold one in your hand, then you can tell it's not vintage. If you can't tell (such as the people you describe) then buy something you have expertise in.

I know this sounds harsh, but people have to take some responsibility for their own actions.