Thread: Philly Show
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Default Philly Show

Posted By: Bruce Perry

I also do not understand other than the prohibitive cost and union problems why there are not more, and better shows in the greater NY area and on the east coast....the atlantic city national in 2003 was a fine show...much better than anaheim was in 2000 or 2006...the amount of desirable pre ww 1 cards there in atlantic city was mind boggling.....I live on the west coast and would gladly traverse the country to a great show to look for these hard to find pre ww1 cards in person..I heard even the reading (fort washington/willow grove)show has gone down hill...the last time I was there in sept 2005 it was not as good as the previous march 2005 and sept 2004..the internet is fine but buying in person will never be equaled....now the main issue facing collectors/dealers looking for cards today is that most of the interesting and quality cards are being absorbed by the BIG PRIVATE AUCTION companies....so unless you want to bid in them...there is material on ebay, but the quality and hard to find cards are rarely on there compared to all these big auction companies......and there are a plethora of them....it is too bad, as shows may never be the same again...and that was when, imo, the business/hobby was the most enjoyable