View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 01:38 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Well personally, I don't see any corelation to Topps T206 or Tristar. I don't think even the biggest of morons would think those were a vintage issue as they have modern players placed in a vintage look on glossy stock and are not individually doctored to look old. Plus, even on a legal front, I would bet those names were legally used and the vintage player's estates properly licenced. Most importantly, I can pick up each of those issues and flip them over to find a date. There is no attempt made to deceive. While I might not want a Justin Verlander T206, I know no one is going to drop 300 on it as a vintage piece. What Helmar is doing here is manufacturing unmarked vintage pieces meant to deceive the eye, it's not close to the same thing. Like I have said, if these pieces are not meant to deceive than properly date them all, then I have no problem at all. I don't think the millions or so Fritsch reprints fooled anyone. They looked new on new stock and are marked. The reprints say reprint, and the fantasies have dates. I just want Helmar to mark their crap. I noticed on the "Helmar Cigars" (now they are a tobacco company) issues he put out had a small 2010 on the back. Can't complain about that, if he did it once why not all the time?

Last edited by JustinD; 10-13-2011 at 01:41 AM.