View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 12:18 PM
Dan=iel Enri.ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Oh I believe, I believe there is a likelihood that a lot of it is sh*t as you say. The same as with your other examples I assume.

I could be very wrong and I really hope I am.
And that's totally fair enough and a valid way of viewing things that purport to be something.
But it makes you a terrible candidate to be a collector.
And in the end, it's the suspension of belief, the immersion in feeling you are just inches away from greatness - whether of design, or act, or happenstance, and that being so close evokes thoughts that bring you meaning.

I enjoy it, so I collect.
Art, sculpture, sports memorabilia and cards, a few coins that have connection to moments or places, etc.

I don't think it's for everyone, but to diminish or question the voracity of the items without any proof just to naysay.....

Hey, I live in the USA and plenty of people here seem to believe in a 6,000 year old earth and creation, described in a series of books written by different hands at different times as the word of god, and which gives us our reason for being....but sheesh, a card company actually including material they say they're including is a bridge too far.