View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 05:12 PM
M0rrie Mu||ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
I'm not sure my fiancee of just over a week still wants to marry me (kidding, but she somewhat jokingly didn't like the end number I presented her with - and that was on the low end), but that's ok; she'll get over it.
I think this is the only flaw I've seen in your approach so far.

You don't want your significant other to "get over" your passion, and you probably don't want to make it about the money (since, as you noted, your estimate will be low-end; prices on this set have steadily climbed, after all). These are little pieces of art and history; share them with her. Let her see your enthusiasm. Maybe she'll enjoy them. At the very least, she'll (hopefully) recognize that everyone has hobbies, and baseball cards are pretty harmless. And, in the case of t206, if you have to justify the spending, they're (a) very liquid, and (b) pretty steadily increasing in value, and not just for nice copies.

My wife really likes my t206s. Not as much as she likes her 1940 Play Balls, but she has her thing and I have mine.

Other than that, I'll just echo what others have said. Buy what you like, take time to appreciate your collection, and don't hesitate to ask questions. There is an absolutely ridiculous amount of knowledge on this board, and not just about t206.

Welcome to the addiction! And congrats on the engagement.