View Single Post
Old 12-12-2002, 11:12 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone else have a difficult time stomaching this auction?

Posted By: Jonathan Perry

The scary thing about this sellers story is it could be true last year at the Ft. Washington show...the one that was in the middle of March a man probably in his late 20s to early 30s walked in the show with a brown paper bag. In the bag was a small box about the size of a business card box. When he oppened it there were over 300 caramel cards just like this. Al Rosen of course jumped on the box of cards. The guy wanted about 10X what Rosen was willing to pay. Finally Rosen broke down the entire "condition thing" for the guy explaning to him that he wanted mint prices for the cards and these cards were not mint.
Anyway to make a long story short I stood there and watched Al Rosen count out $37,000 in $100 bills and then watch the guy put the money back into his brown lunch bag and walk out. Rosen said he counted 30 something different Wagner cards. I myself saw at lest 20 of the one in the auction. The man at the show stated he found the cards in his gradmothers attic.
If this card is from that particular FT. Washington show then I would have to say that this e-bay sellers story does check out.

regards to all...by the way watching Rosen count out the $37,000 in 100s was one of the cooler things I have ever witnessed at a card show.