Thread: T206 Help
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 12:52 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Default T206 Help

I have been a Post War collector in the past, collecting all the big names or icons of the game, as I can afford.

Recently I purchased my first t206 and looking to branch out more into that Pre War field. Unfortunately I don't know as much about this area as I do Post War.

So I am asking for help and direction.

I have reviewed archives and tried to educate myself, but want to pose general questions to the knowledge that exists on the board.

My funds are limited. So big name HoF'rs are out of the question for me to obtain. Marginal HoF'rs I can pick up. I will not be collecting to build a set, but perhaps subset by team, pose, background color, ect.

The back brand is not that important to me ( Piedmont, Hindu, so forth ), but is it to collectors?

Do I look for a better conditioned card than the back brand? Piedmonts are plentiful and affordable.

I can look for cards that have great eye appeal, and be in the $50 range all day long which is perfect for me.

I know to buy the card not the holder, and to buy what I like.

The t206 is so different for me that your thoughts and direction are appreciated.

Lou

Last edited by KCRfan1; 09-25-2018 at 01:14 PM. Reason: spelling