View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Man, you picked up a pretty good amount up front. Really like the look of this set and looking forward to viewing it all. While I’m not really a set collector I really like viewing all the different cards and this is one of the last years I really was picking up a ton of cards. I did get some ‘78’s, but that was it for quite a number of years.

Love that your son is getting into it as well. Be cool to see some pics with his cards!
Yes, I did start with quite a pile! I was noticing that when doing the initial sort by 100's to get started.

I blame two factors for this: 1) the relative affordability of lots from this year and 2) the Net54 community, who provided some great lots that I couldn't say "no" to.

I wasn't a set collector until I started my 1976 project, but it's fun. Glad folks are enjoying the posts...it makes it a lot more fun and interesting to share the journey.

I think I may hit '78 Topps next. It's funny, but being a young collector in the late 80's and early 90's, that set seemed like an unattainable big money "vintage" set. Molitor/Trammel RC?! Eddie Murray RC?! Might as well have been Ruth and Gehrig to a kid scratching together $16 to buy a box of 1990 Donruss.

My son made ME sort the cards down into 100's, and he then sorted cards 1-100 down by 10's. He's got up to number 20 in the binder...so he's taking the slow approach. Ah, to be 8...