View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Hi Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Hi Ted
As I stated, I am sure Burdick knew he made mistakes and was missing information. I concur with you in that had he known, he probably would have made the series 1 Of T213 as another brand of T206. But that still doesn't explain the paper thin nature of T213-1 vs ANY of the known T206 brands. Unless there is something I am forgetting?

My theory on the "paper thin" stock that the 1910 COUPON cards were printed on is that these cards were never meant to be cigarette pack "stiffiners".
This new brand of ATC cigarettes were marketed in the standard long cartons in loose form by the 100's. I used to have a scan of such a carton labelled
"COUPON" Cigarettes, but I lost the scan.

Furthermore, many of the Type-1 cards are found with consistent paper loss on the upper part of their backs. (such as these cards). This suggests to me
that a lot of these cards were most likely glued onto their cigarette cartons.

Also, I have checked Jon Canfield regarding the standard 10-cigarette pack labelled "COUPON". Jon has never seen one.

I hope this helps regarding the difference in cardboard stock between most white-bordered Tobacco cards and the T213-1 cards.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 04-07-2015 at 04:39 PM.