Thread: VCP vs. AOL
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 08:22 AM
Banned

As someone who works on a newspaper's Web site, I can attest to the fact that trying to keep a site compatible and working/displaying correctly with all of the new Web browsers and operating systems that become available is a challenge. Eventually a company with a Web presence has to decide which browsers it simply will not/can't accommodate. (An example is that years ago we stopped trying to fix problems that caused our site to not display properly in a WebTV browser. The numbers didn't justify the expense and effort.)

That being said, America Online isn't on the same level as WebTV or early versions of Internet Explorer; lots of people still use AOL. I would think a company would try to adjust as a service to its customers who use AOL.

So while I do not think you're nuts, Jim, the "stubborn" label might -- in a way -- apply. I still have an AOL account because I established my e-mail address long ago and don't want to give it up. But I can't remember the last time I used AOL's Web browser. Even if you access the Internet using AOL, I don't think it would be that hard to use Internet Explorer or Firefox to access VCP's Web site.

Last edited by Rob D.; 07-16-2009 at 08:23 AM.