View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

Those response to "why make an offer" are great for upstanding sellers and that's the way it should, but when you are using the offers to figure out your pricing and then don't even communicate or acknowledge your offers and then sell off cards I was interested in without even checking with me.

As far as outing someone on the board, if Scott didn't have the past poor history I would not mention the seller, but it is just more proof to me that he is all about greed.

As far as me crying that he didn't accept my offer, such is not the case because he never gave me a price or did not acknowledge the fact I either gave him a price or asked him for one, until it was posted the second time around. The initial offer I gave him was $300 for the Walsh, that is when I got the response "I'm guessing the price is in the ballpark on the HOFer. Let me think about it a bit. " Well that card got sold in a group with the Matty, Chase and Merkle for $2000, with the comment I had to take an offer I couldn't refuse. I thought it was very fair since I valued the Matty at $1500 and that left $200 for the Chase and Merkle which was in the ballpark, so I thought we were in the ballpark for working out a deal for the rest.

I asked twice for a price the rest minus a card he had on hold. At that point I got no response until the set prices showed up.

By the way, anyone buying these stamps and getting them graded, don't have any high expectations, then are the toughest graded issue I have ever seen . Any grade VG/EX or above is tough to come by.

As far as the gentleman that thought the Levy's were naive to the fact the back was black, reread the thread those are veteran collectors calling him and I can personally say the Hank Levy was the one about 10 years ago showed me what a brown back looked like. Bottom line is they knew, and if you want to believe them you are not trusted the hobby veterans and that is your loss.

From not knowing anything about the stamps and asking for offers to asking $1200 for a common, just smells of using offers to set the prices. And with no response to asking for prices and not getting anyit really stinks.

Have a good day all,

Lee