View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Default Pirate back Chinese card

Posted By: mr. moses

that a compatriot of Martin Murray (guy in Canada can't remember his name and not Steve) or the man himself has/had 70+ of the Pirate baseball cards.... I am a bit skeptical. Alan Hagar did have 4/5 at a show 10+ years ago and my friend purchased one for a bit under 1000.00 if my memory serves me well. Forget about the actual condition when compared to the GRADE it had:-O but rare certainly says it. As for the character cards the Pirate Brand was as popular overseas as "Cycle" and "Sweet Caporal" over here with millions of cigarettes sold and nearly as many cards available. The cards are mostly a novelty item and I have a few different style packs, trade card, and a clock as "go-withs" (oooops dirty word:-)) which is how I would approach the card. To the pickers that would try and take advantage of the paucity of actual baseball cards and a general lack of knowledge especially BEFORE eBay; these cards had asking prices of 40.00 and up. They can be had now for a reasonable 5.00 to 10.00.. I'll try and post some pix on "the other board" of the artifacts that relate in a future tobacco pack thread......