View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Administrator

Default reprints on ebay (again)

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Gentlemen, Yankees, and skalliwags,

As a resident and citizen of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, I take exception to the illinformed maligning of the Bluegrass State.

I've lived here about 47 years, practiced law here for close to 7, and this is my 13th year as a state court judge. In my experience, most of the charletons of this state are carpetbaggers, or the descendants thereof, who flim-flam the local, good hearted folk.

I concede that such crooksters exist in the Commonwealth, although few are home grown, most are transplants.

And I do agree that the card is a worthless reprint, most likely from some new england print shop.

It is my understanding that the FBI used to focus recruiting on the area of the country adjacent to Apalachia. Folks from there were steadfast in their beliefs, not wishy-washy like west coast folk, who are descendants of the unsettled, restless folk who migrated across this great land. When the FBI found someone from the hills of Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia, or North Carolina, they knew they had a recruit who would stick to his convictions, one who could not be turned.

So I would close with encouraging a specific blessing of Kentucky, but that would mirror concerns already posted.