View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 05:47 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE.....Reminiscing about your 1st BB card Show where you acquired T206's

* * * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Continuing from Post #1004 regarding the Willow Grove Show. My good ole buddy, Dan Paley, was a H.S. classmate of Bob Schmierer who gave us Dealer tables at the Show.
What an experience it was in the early 1980's. I felt like I went from an amateur dealer to a "professional" dealer overnite that first weekend. Anyhow the story I'm getting to
here is the dealer across from my set-up. Some of you old-timers may remember Wayne Miller. Friday afternoon, on his 12-feet of table space, he'd place a large white sheet.
He would arrange 100's of T206 cards on the sheet. A large group of commons on the left (priced at $2 - 4). The stars on the right. You could purchase any one of the 4 Cobb
cards (Vg - Ex) for a mere $15 - 20 each. Typically by Saturday, he had sold all his T206's. Sunday he would replenish his inventory and by the end of the Show he had only a
few left to take home. It was quite a sight to watch Wayne's operation. Needless to say, I acquired a good number of T206 cards from him.

On display here is a Willow Grove Show program from those years. It contained several pages of very worthwhile information (Dealers, Table layout, etc.) regarding the Show.
On the back of this program was an advertisement for the tremendous Seafood Restaurant (only a short walk from the Convention Center). The Boston Sea Party was a very
popular restaurant in the 1970's-1990's. T'was a consistently excellent franchise, as I will attest to, having eaten at this one, in Denver, Carol Stream (IL) and Cherry Hill (NJ).

. .

Gee guys.....I'm sure you have some really interesting T206 stories to tell.....so why not share them with us.

TED Z