View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhappy View Post
The Orioles do deserve credit and amazingly smacked the Tigers around, but the Royals clawed their way in...so I guess against odds, they are doing what no one actually thought they would, hence the attention. People love the underdog.

One thing I wonder with the Orioles is how their starting pitching will hold up...Having Tillman and Chen as your two best is very scary. That being said, an Orioles/Royals match-up should be very gritty. I really don't think the Tigers or Angels were prepared for what was coming their way.

I don't care who wins between the two...I like both teams...should be outstanding either way.
People should love the underdog. Don't forget most media outlets had the Orioles finishing last in the A.L. East. I don't understand the idea that the Orioles have horrible starting pitching. Our starters had a lower ERA than the "Big 3" of Detroit and are almost statistically even with Kansas City. The overall ERA is 7th in MLB. Perhaps the Orioles are getting overlooked because they ran away with the division? Regardless, they play much better with a chip on their shoulder.

Last edited by Orioles1954; 10-05-2014 at 09:07 PM.