View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 04:12 AM

Thanks Neil

I really enjoy showing the set as much as anything.

Erik was asking me about how I prefer to store my cards
I posted a link to a post I made on the SGC board about that very subject.
unfortunately the Link didn't work. So I have posted the conents of that post here.

AS to how I store my sets: To me every set has what I call "A flow" and that flow can only be seen using the 9-pocket pages. While the concern with binders is that the pages can sag, I have remedied that problem by using "spacer boards" placed through out the set in the binder as well as making my own custom fitted slip covers.

No they may not be that pretty but they are very effective. I see them as hisorical volumes. When I pull out a volume to view, Thats when you can see how the set flows from page to page. It also gives you a better feel for the centering throughout the set as well. To me there is no other way to view a set.

Thats one of the BIG draw backs to these graded cards. It is just not possible to see that "Flow" and is just so difficult to view and enjoy yours sets.

I can pull out a volume and lay it on my lap and casually and easily enjoy flip through that volume.

Just trying to lift 300-400 plastic slabs is a back breaking experience. Let alone trying to look through them a handful at a time.

I have considered going to the Card saver I's as they would be my next choice. I absoultely hate using soft penny sleaves and top loaders, That system to me has caused more dinged corners than I care to think about.

The one main reason I haven't gone to putting my sets in card savers is because I would lose the "Set Flow" I spoke of, and of coarse storage and ease of access to viewing your cards would become more like trying to handle the graded cards a handful at a time.

Thats just my take on how I like to store and view my collection.

And now how about we continue with the 1973 Topps Football set I have up for sale.

Man That Floyd Little is cherry!

Very nice Dick Butkus as well. Look at the havoc that animal was causing! My all-time favorite Butkus card. I believe it might be his only Action card..... Nope wait he's in the 72 Hi numbers, but that Hi number Butkus is nowhere near as cool a card.

That Lyle Alzado is dead on

And we'll end here for now with a sweet looking Len Dawson.

Thanks for looking guys. If you would like to see any card closer Please feel free to ask.

John

Last edited by BigRedOne; 10-25-2013 at 04:13 AM. Reason: update