Thread: August Pickups
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 12:22 PM
John €ffenheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
John, greetings from a Milwaukee native.

I have the Old Cardboard type prints on my bedroom wall, and, I have to say, I look at the cabinets more than anything else. There are a lot of gorgeous baseball card that have been issued (the T206 set and the 1953 Bowmans are all little works of art; great lithos and photography that captures the essence of the game; I'd also include the Goudey sets of the 1930s, and the Cracker Jacks, along with the Allen & Ginter N28s); but, for my taste, the Duke, Newsboy, et all cabs are the only thing that give challenge to the T3s where sheer beauty is concerned. And that George Davies of yours is a magnificent example of what I'm talking about. I like it even more because he went to UW-Madison, and played for the Brewers (even if it was the Brewers of the old American Association). Congrats on a really wonderful addition to your collection.

How do you display these in your home, John? I'd like to pick up a few of the Cabs once I have a little bit more room (and money to spend). I'd have to mount them in my office. I just couldn't own them, and keep them locked away.
Right now it's in a closet. The limited amount of shelf space I have is dedicated to memorabilia. I've found that displaying cards requires alot of space. Hopefully that will change soon, we're moving later this fall and I'll finally have my man-cave to display more of my collection.