Thread: August Pickups
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 08:51 PM
Bill Gregory

Chris, I was getting ready to wax poetic on the Gabby Street scrap, and then I scrolled down a little more. Holy hell, man, that ghost just pops off my laptop screen.

Steve, just...wow. Fantastic pick up. Is that your first red cross-back?

Scooter, that's a really nice Young. The registration is perfect, and I think the colors really pop, too.

Joe, congratulations on the two Gehrigs. A couple of my favorite cards from the first half of the century; the # 37, especially. That's my next pickup.

Dean, those are my kind of buys. The visual appeal of both the Cobb and the Matty far outperform the technical grades. You've got a quite the discerning eye.

Raymond, congrats on the Ruth.

I love this board. I've spent literally 1/4 of my life reading, developing a broad vocabulary, and when I come to Net 54, all I end up saying is "wow", "amazing", and "incredible"! Sometimes the simplest words best convey a person's emotions. Great month, thus far, everybody!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.