View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Default Ending Ebay Auctions Early

Posted By: Brent Butcher

An unsuspecting seller listed some very scarce caramel boxing cards(e78's) recently on Ebay. He had them listed incorrectly so I knew he would be receiving some lowball offers. I emailed him and told him what he had and that I would be bidding very aggressively on them so please don't end them early(I would of made an offer myself but there were already a few bids). Next day he ends the auctions and this is where it gets interesting.....

Later that day I get a phone call from a guy I've bought some caramel boxing cards from in the past and he knows I collect e78's and pay strong prices for them. He told me a guy from a magazine contacted him and he paid $200/card and wanted to know if I was interested in them. He sent me scans and they were the same cards! Now, do I pay him what I was willing to pay on Ebay, offer him a finder's fee or just forget the whole deal? This guy's sole purpose was to pick them up with a lowball offer and then flip them to make a quick buck off of me....he then ticked me off further by submitting them to psa to use the grades as leverage for more money.