View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 10:25 PM
ßrën.døn ßig.åløw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcemporium View Post
Tough to tell on the Cobb. It looks like the Wagner has been submitted a few times. These all have the black fisheye by the ear, but the red backgrounds appear to have subtle differences, which could just be due to scanner settings.

photo wagner 8-5_zpsqc6yeq9r.jpeg
 photo wagner 7-5_zpsae3kcxvu.jpg
 photo Wanger 9_zps2tkarwwy.jpg
 photo Wagner 6_zpsu6f7hwij.jpg

(edited to add the PSA 6 and PSA 9 scans for comparison)

Ok so to get back to the original topic real quick, I'm still VERY confused about the Wagner.

So is the claim that the PSA 9, PSA 8.5 and PSA 7.5 and PSA 6 are all the same Wagner? Then can someone explain to me how this timeline makes sense?

2008: the PSA 9 wager sells at memory lane

2012: the PSA 8.5 wagner sells at Greg Bussineau

2015: the psa 9 Wagner surfaces again in the same holder from 2008 and sells at mile high

So if the PSA 9 Wagner was around in 2008 and 2015 in the same holder, then the psa 8.5 Wagner from 2012 must be a unique specimen, NOT the same card in the PSA 9 case. It seems like the assumption was that the 8.5 was resubbed to get the 9, but it doesn't seem like they can possibly be the same card. Unless I'm really missing something.

And yet the PSA 8.5 and 9 look identical, down to the black "hickey" to the right of their heads. If they are nearly indistinguishable, then isn't it feasible that the PSA 6 Wagner and PSA 9 Wagner also just look indistinguishable, and are not the same card at all?

Peter, Jeff, someone... can you explain to me what I'm missing?

Last edited by poorlydrawncat; 07-10-2015 at 10:32 PM.