View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 10:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Similar to a few other posts recently . . .
It's hard to tell sometimes if things have quieted down or whether I'm personally just in one of those lull periods. . . . but I don't feel a lot of buzz on the board lately. Last year there was a lot of excitement every time a new Leaf Paige made an appearance, or an Exhibits Gehrig, or a cool CJ, but now it seems like big auctions and big supposed finds come and go with hardly a mention (except REA, which is always a buzz). So many high quality cards teed up, some over and over, that it's easy to not even notice them. Most of the posts (mine included) seem to be more in the vein of casual observations or general gripes, and less about an exciting card or series. And I'd say ditto for BST. Maybe it's just seasonal or auction fatigue. Or maybe there is a lot of excitement but just not what I'm into. Or maybe it's just where my head is at.
That. As someone in the hobby quite a bit I would say there is a lot of good stuff going on. Lot's of cards in auctions I am bidding on....Good stuff all over. It's all perspective. And of course, I too have had those down days. They happen. It can't be all roses and dandelions all of the time...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flowers.jpg (46.7 KB, 289 views)