View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 10:55 AM
bobby

Default i dont believe it is a salesman sample?.

there is plenty of info to the federal league and there attempt to buy players to justify they were a major league organization.
I cant find any info that Gowdy was part of it but I would believe he was approached?. he only played 3 games in 1913 for what reason I don't no.
but was a major part of the 1914 red sox world series.
THE BAT. my opinion is not a salesman sample they wouldn't describe just one game on the center label. from what I read about this series before responding to this was that there was some very big time players that attended this series and contracts were offered to many of them?.
Eddie Collins was part of the federal league. because of the Gowdy bats existence I assume the federal league thought they had him?.
I believe this bat has some historic value to the 1912-15 era of baseball when players tried to get more money for there skills that worked and failed during this time period.
This bat is the reason I feel so strongly about there value to baseball history they were only available for a very short period and one of the most important time periods of baseball history.every decal bat has a very influential player on it that in one way or another made a very important contribution to the game. you have a bat that is one of a kind? and I think this is the problem with the value of them.
thousands of collectors can attempt to put a T 206 set together without Wagner and be able to consider there set complete.
how many people can put a complete decal bat set together not thousands.
This is the problem with these bats there just is not enough of them for hundreds of collectors to get involved.
If someone wanted to put a mini decal bat set together they could.
your bat would be a variation like a rare back card and probably not considered as part of the set?.
Mini bat collectors are as rare as the bats are.
I believe the H&B museum should have a place just for them.
Decal bats were not only issued at a important time period of baseball.
They were issued during a very important time period during the transaction from H&S to H&B also.
One day these bats may get the attention they deserve but while there cheep try to add a 12 inch reverse Wagner decal bat to your collection there are a few of them and I believe could go up in time.
there are two kinds don't get the one that dosnt have the H&S logo on it I don't like that one?