Thread: FedEx
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Default FedEx

Posted By: warshawlaw

But I have everything go to my office, and that always requires a signature. For residential, unfortunately, Fed Ex now drops and runs unless your shipper checks the box for direct or indirect signature required (item 8 on the slip). So, if you don't want the items left wherever, you have to be clear with the shipper (and hope the minimum wage bozo wrapping the boxes pays attention), have the items sent to a commercial address where they will have to be signed for, or use USPS registered.

Even with a commercial address, I think a lot of the quality of service has to do with the delivery person assigned to the route. No way are they supposed to play "ding dong ditch" with your packages, but sometimes a replacement route driver will be irresponsible and do just that. We had a problem with UPS recently. My wife (who manages my office), filed all kinds of claims, etc., even disputed the credit card charge, over some business aids we never received. Turned out that UPS had a replacement driver on the route and he handed off the package to someone in my office building without leaving me any kind of notice. The other tenant was an irresponsible schmuck to boot and did not tell me he got a package for me. When our regular UPS guy got back from his vacation, he sorted it out.