View Single Post
Old 10-19-2003, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Default Who wants to identify these?

Posted By: Brett Domue

Since Leon was just able to identify one of my unknown issues as being a Baseball Bats Mathewson (see Unfortunate incident thread), I figured I'd see if I can get anyone to confirm my suspicions or identify any of these other "mystery" cards:

1) M116 Ad Poster cut-outs?

The Collins on the left and the Wagner both are blank backed, on a heavier stock, and have a more greenish tint to them than a standard blue background M116 (center Collins). I have always assumed they were cut from a poster. Can anyone confirm if such a poster existed, or if these came from some other source?

2) 1910 E-UNC Candy Eddie Collins?

I'm assuming this card is from the E-UNC Candy set listed on page 137 of the 2004 Standard Catalog?

3) Babe Ruth cutout?

I have no notions of this card being from a regular set or worth much of anything, but if anyone can identify what it was cut from, I'd love to know.

4) 1910's-1920's Unknown Caramel Type Sets

The Johnson and Magee (neither mine) and Lajoie represent two sets from what appears to be the 1910-1916 Era. I've seen other cards from the set with the Johnson and Magee, but not the Lajoie set. The Lajoie almost looks like a Sporting News but the pose is wrong and there is no number.

Some of these I hope have been identified in the past couple of years. Anyone know?

Brett Domue
okeedokee@pipeline.com
http://members.aol.com/METSBWD/wantlist.htm