Thread: Old Judge Book
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 02:28 PM
Fred

It's arguably one of the best (if not the best) card reference guides dedicated to a specific card set.

A few of us keep waiting for an update (not in the way of an issued book) that covers new findings. I wouldn't have to be a Word, PDF format document- really, a few of us would take anything including copies of bar napkin notes or even post-its. Perhaps some day Jay, Joe and or Richard will give us dogs a bone and provide something. For now, any update is like the release of Chinese Democracy by Guns n Roses.

To note, as Jay would tell you, write notes in your OJ Bible (that's what I call it) when you hear about things. So let's get you started - note 1 (one of the latest things to be "unearthed") - See the last Heritage auction and locate the Pat Deasely card. Then look in the OJ Bible and you will notice that there is no team designation for "Washington" for that particular pose. What you'll also notice is that the card is BEAUTIFUL, but perhaps not $2.6K beautiful. I'm of the opinion that there are a few hardcore OJ collectors that wanted the card because of the undocumented team variation.

It's definitely a book that every hobbyist should own. If there was a Hall of Fame for sports cards books, this would make it as one of the Fab-5 first inductees and imho, be the Babe Ruth of sports card books.

Last edited by Fred; 01-28-2023 at 02:30 PM.