View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 09:52 AM
Steve Woe.lfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjs View Post
Steve,

After he pulled the auction, I asked the seller why he pulled the card. He told me that so many people were asking him to sell the card offline that he figured he must have missed something, he couldn't figure out why all the interest in it. So your offer of $50 to end the auction and sell it to you straight was a big reason for ending the auction. Before that he figured it was a $10 card. Sorry, I know lots of people contact sellers to buy off line, but this time it backfired, and now the seller realizes this is not just an old beater like he thought.
Hi Ed,

Yup, I'm kicking myself for making the offer rather than just hoping it would play out, but like you said, a bunch of people were asking him about the card, so I think it would have been pulled (along with the Maloney and Ganzel) either way.

The funny thing is that's the first time that I've ever emailed a seller to try and get him to end an auction early. I was worried that someone else would make an offer and that the auction would be pulled, but I guess karma came back at me!
T206 SLers: 11/48
T206 Back Run: 28/39

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.