Thread: OT ebay sellers
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 12:06 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I'm pretty satisfied with my sales on ebay although I sell on ebay more as a hobby rather than it being an actual necessity to pay the bills. That is, a lot of times, I buy a Lot containing many cards from an auction house when I just need 1-2 items from that Lot for my personal collection. Then, I try to sell the rest and see if that recoups my costs or even turns a profit. I also have cards that I sell when I change my focus of my collection or when I upgrade and decide to sell my duplicates. Sometimes, but not often, when I see something at auction that I think that is pretty undervalued, i will put a bid in, and if I win it, try to re-sell those also.

In general, my ebay sales have been decent, given the 200-odd cards that I have for sale. Every 2-3 months or so, I try to drop my prices across the board (except for really in demand stuff) by 2 to 5 dollars until the price reaches $15, and that's usually my lower limit.

As savedfrommyspokes said, turning over inventory and having fresh listings are important. I have BIN's and re-list my inventory every month. I usually find that I have a small spike in sales right after I re-list my inventory, and then right before my listings end for that month, as buyers may not be sure when or if I will re-list my stuff. I don't think I would re-list at a greater frequency than a month, however, as buyers may just become annoyed with your listings and exclude your ebay store from their searches altogether. Good luck!