Thread: Kevin Keating?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkereversandme View Post
Since I got called out I would really like to know what your example had anything to do with a $3 signed photo where one dealer wants $50 for it?
He can ask whatever he wants for one but I can point out the insane mark up if I want to.

Sure he has nice stuff and is honest, but is $995 for a single signed Joe Dimaggio ball fair or $4,950 for a #500 club baseball? I have seen premium items in catalogs sell for X amount and then show up in his store with a massive mark up. If you want to pay for Eddie Gaedel, he's the guy to see I guess as you won't find it anywhere else.

Larry
Now you've got me confused. Are you saying that a Vida Blue signed photo can be had for $3? I just did a quick Google search and the range I saw was $30-70. As for prices being "fair," I don't get that, either. You can judge them high or low, but "fair?" To whom is it being fair or unfair? The only reason I jumped in to begin with was your use of the phrase "out of his mind," which he most certainly is not. Now his markups, for every one of which I can guarantee you he has a reason, are "insane." I really would stay away from those kinds of characterizations. He has a business model, and a rationale for pricing the way he does. You could call him up or catch him at a show, and he'd be happy to explain any of it to you. He's a very engaging fellow and loves to talk about autographs.