View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 07:43 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker1b2 View Post
Did anyone win anything??

Thanks to this board I have started venturing out to some of the auction houses that advertise here. So this past week I opened an account with Leland's to bid on some of the Red Schoendienst items. We'll 9 comes last night and I am high bidder on one item. So I wait for the ten minute rule, and wait and wait. No actively on item I am high bidder so go to bed at 3am with auction still going. Of course wake up this morning and lost on item.

So a question for collectors with more experience. Are most auctions and auction houses like this? So far only opened accounts with them and Huggins and Scott( which bid on few items last auction, but went higher then I wanted about an hour before close). I just want to know if this is what I have to prepare myself for, get all excited when I go to bed, then disappointed when I wake up.
It has happened to almost everyone (me, many times) who bids in auctions. You have to be mindful of the way they end as well as, if you can't live without something, stay up till the end to make sure you win it. Just my opinion.....but it has happened to most of us....