View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdmb View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have a few issues with the card, the biggest being that it looks as though the autograph appears to be from a letter press and not an original signature. You can tell from the cut that this was taken from a letter, as opposed to a bank document-as he signed his common "very truly yours" above based on the dips in the "y" at the top of the cut-and hundreds of these letter press exists. Plus, the way the paper the cut is on is wrinkled, it appears likely that onionskin paper was used. Finally, the ink is bleeding and not "crisp". My guess is that you would have a much better opportunity of getting the price you are looking for is getting a reputable TPA to certify the autograph itself.
Thank you for your comments. A few things. The card was originally graded a BGS 9 with a "7" in the auto. I did not like the way the 7 looked so I decided to have the card reslabbed by Beckett in the present holder. The autograph is authentic. I hear you on your letterpress comment but that cannot be confirmed. Furthermore, the "very truly yours" comment is a bit general because your assuming he signed that just about every time he signed his name and I doubt that. However, if he did, perhaps it IS is just above his signature and not in the autograph window shown above. If you do not belive that the auto is authentic, your questioning Dr. Price at SK and the auto grading staff at Beckett.

Last edited by Buckswin07; 11-25-2015 at 09:00 AM.