Thread: Steve Verkman
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2002, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Default Steve Verkman

Posted By: leon

So I was at the Nationals and it was Sunday about 3:30pm. I had just polished off 2 big slices of sausage pizza and 2 hot dogs (all the way of course) with Andy B., as it was 2 for 1 day-read "they gotta get rid of 'em". I had to leave at 4pm to catch the shuttle to the airport and Andy said he needed to say something to Steve Verkman. Since I AM on his mailing list and have bought from him once (although I returned it after viewing that it was massacred at the bottom)I figured I would introduce myself. We got over to his table and he was pretty busy putting his stuff up although still talking to people. I introduced myself and asked him to look at a card for me in an SGC 80 holder that I had just got graded. He looked at it and said "nice card, except the bottom doesn't look good". I think the card looks good, I said. I was not going to bring up my one experience with his company but this little inuendo did it. I said I knew that he was not the one that I spoke to that had described the card I bought as vg. and was trimmed but wanted him to know his company was selling trimmed cards as vg... ANYONE could have seen it was trimmed it was so so obvious. He then told me that if the card was NMT and was trimmed he would normally, in the course of business, and very non-chalantly call it a vg. No qualifiers, no nothing. I said I couldn't believe what I just heard and could he repeat it. He said it again, "if a card is trimmed but otherwise NMT he would call it vg"..I said I could not believe he said, or thought that, and looked at him in awe, almost speechless..and walked away asking Andy if he could believe what just happened?...unbelievable...now you know his grading standards............best regards