View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Tony Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
I don't know why people rip others on this board for anything else than perfect customer service. It's no big deal; they're just baseball cards. People who sell cards want to get the highest price possible for their cards, and people who buy cards want to get the lowest price. It's all human nature. So Scott didn't reply in the best manner or return scans promptly. As he said, it's just a hobby for him, and he has a life outside baseball cards. He can sell his cards to anyone he wants, whenever he wants. If what he does causes him to get lower prices than what's ideal, that's his business. I've never bought or sold cards to Scott, but he seems pretty reputable in the boards. I don't think he deserves to be ripped like this. The Old Mill incident, so what, he and his dad thought that the shade was slightly different. Other people didn't agree with him. I don't think he was trying to scam people. It was just a difference of opinion. Geez. For myself, another board member, Tony Quinn, asked me about scans and pricing for some of my cards I had on BST eons ago. I got really busy and never got back to him (even to this day). It's been so long since then, I just ended up listing these cards on ebay. I hope that he doesn't start a thread ripping me for my poor customer service on BST. (*Sorry, Tony, didn't mean to bring you into this.*)
No biggie Gary, we made some good deals and a couple others fell through. No hard feelings. Like you said, it's just cards. There are more cards than I have money for and plenty go by the wayside all the time. I would never lose sleep over a missed/botched/forgotten deal. I'd rather have good dealings with good people than a card any day. Unless someone has taken your money in a criminal manner, I'm with Gary, let's stop using this board to rip others just because you didn't get what you wanted.
Elvis Costello said it best: "Peace, Love and Understanding"