View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 07:39 AM
Steve Birmingham

It's entirely possible that there were three players stacked as you've shown.

And I've been convinced that the sheets sometimes varied by brand for some time now. Glad to see someone else reach the same conclusion.

But I also think the layouts were more complicated than just blocks of a player stacked, even if it's only two. If that were the case, there should be one card showing different names top and bottom for every 3-6 showing the same name top and bottom. And the one with different names just aren't that common.

I don't have anything I'd call proof yet, but currently I believe the sheet size and makeup varied by brand. And the sheets included both specific sheets and common sheets. so for instance, some sheets were shared between Piedmont and SC, and maybe other brands, while there were other sheets specific to only one brand like Hindu. (Or more likely the sheets were specific to each brand, but many of the smaller brand sheets were also used for Piedmont and SC. )

There's some info that gets close to proof of that in the 150's. But I don't have it in enough detail yet.

Steve B