View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 11:04 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Markets are changing imo. Not a lot of kids (like we all were) are collecting. There are so many other choices for kids nowadays. My teenage son, who is a pretty good player, has zero interest in my vintage stuff. Or modern for that matter. He knows the players of yesteryear pretty well, as he is a vigorous reader of the books I read as a kid. Many of his peers do not know about George Brett. Or Walter Johnson. They don't collect cards either, and not sure they know much about the history of our sport other than Trout or recent award winners.

They all know about Ruth. A handful know about Cobb. Christy Mathewson who?

Again, most kids do not collect. There are exceptions to the rule of course, but it does make you wonder where the market will be in 20 years.
Haven't we been hearing for years and years that kids aren't collecting any more though?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.