View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:31 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

1. Name-David Novakovich Jr.

2. Age-31

3. Day job-Union Ironworker

4. Location-Painesville, Oh(about 20 miles east of Cleveland)

5. Collecting interests-pre-war(mostly HOF and Cleveland players), also modern HOF rookies and potentially HOF rookies(the 'roiders are making this tough), topps complete sets(standard and traded only), autos, 1938 Churchman Boxing and 1956 Topps football.

6. Family- Wife that I've been with for almost 10 years, 6 and 7 year old sons, 2 year old daughter, 8 yr old American Bulldog, and the kids' a**hole puppy..

7. How long in hobby-Originally from '86-94. Started back up around 6 years ago..

8. Other interests/hobbies-Music(I used to have a band, but just don't have the time anymore), backyard wrestling(yes, I'm one of those idiots, and my old HS and college coaches would probably be ashamed of me now because of this). Sci-fi and horror movies/tv shows.. Cigarettes, coffee, and the family.

9. Do you attend shows? Not very often...There's one big vintage show in Strongsville that I like to get to every year, and will occasionally stumble into one of those crappy mall shows by accident. Wow, are those things just a complete and total embarrassment to the hobby nowadays...

***I'm gonna add this one***
10. Favorite item in collection- April 7, 1869 Chicago Tribune, with a nice long article and team breakdowns of the upcoming 1869 NABBP season's professional teams. Basically 1869 was the first year that the NABBP added the professional division, which is often considered the first professional sports league. I would however like to find the April 3, 1869 New York Tribune with the first printing of the article as well.