View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike (18colt) View Post
As of 6/16/2006 = my number was at 500.

As of 7/20/2012 = my number is at 92. Needless to say, I sold a few, many of them to people on this board.

I don't think I'll ever truly go back and try again, as some of what I sold, I'll never be able to reacquire. It sure was fun when I was actively buying.

At my peak, the 24 missing ranged from rare and/or expensive to inexpensive commons that for whatever reason, I never acquired. Only 5 missing were HOFers (2 Lajoie, McGraw, Plank, Wagner). No SLers missing. No back brands missing (except Cobb-brand). Though in low condition, I was happy with my ability to acquire as many different cards as I did.

Beginning Monster collectors -- be patient. It can (mostly) be done, especially if condition isn't a concern. Always buy the HOFers, SLers, rarities, tough backs, tough commons, etc. cheap when they show up. You may not get another chance (I missed out on a really crappy Magie 15 years ago and an extremely crappy Wagner about 25 years ago).

Best of luck to the collectors. Interesting thread.

Mike (18colt)
Your Monster number has been duly recorded. Thanks Mike for both your support and your failure(?). The quest for most of us is the "fiero" (It sure was fun when I was actively buying.) behind this addiction. Rarely does one just go out and buy a completed T206 set, unless you're a Wonka.

More importantly, let me know what you have left......I've been stuck at 511 for awhile..

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.